In My Life
May is over—and with it, the school year! Today is my last day of school and I am soooo excited for summer. I’ve survived junior year and that is giving me so much joy right now.
Honestly, not much happened this month. I took my AP exams, which went pretty well, and then school calmed down to the point where it feels like summer has kind of already started.
On This Blog
I had eight blog posts this month, which kind of sucks. I was finally starting to get back into the rhythm of blogging near the end of the month, but the beginning of this month was rough. I can’t tell you how glad I am that AP exams are over and that my life can go back to normal.
I only had one Top Ten Tuesday this month: Top Ten Books I Feel Differently About Now That Time Has Passed. One more thing I’m trying to get back into the habit of doing.
In Reading and Reviewing
I read seven (ish) books this month (ish because I started the month by finishing one and ended it by almost finishing another), and reviewed four of them. After AP exams ended, my classes calmed down a ton and I was able to read a lot. YAY!
Reviews are linked to in book titles (if they exist)
- Out of Darkness by Ashely Hope Perez — 4.5/5 stars
- These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner — 4/5 stars
- This Shattered World (Starbound #2) Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner — 4/5 stars
- Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik — 5/5 stars
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Yeah…you know what didn’t happen this month? Yep, you guessed it—writing. I published one poem (You Came Back) and did no other writing. I’m hoping that summer will be better for this.
How was you May? For people who took AP exams, how did they go? What are your summer plans?