Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve done a TTT, but I like this week’s topic: My Spring TBR. Most of these books were Christmas and birthday gifts that I haven’t read yet, but some are books I want to buy and some are books I need to reread because their sequels are coming out.
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
I’ve been really excited for this debut since people started talking about it last year. The concept is so intriguing—nothing like the contemporary YA I usually read. I recently bought it and I plan to read it soon!
2. Shadows of Self and The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson (and The Alloy of Law)
MORE MISTBORN!!! The next two books in the Mistborn spin-off series recently came out and I own both of them, so why haven’t I read them yet? Not sure. I’ll have to reread the first of the spin-offs, too, though, so this series will take some time to get through.
3. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
A murder mystery with a journalist protagonist—I love everything about this book’s premise. Again, I got this book for my birthday and I’ve been waiting for the right time to read it.
4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I fell in love with Amie Kaufman when I read Illuminae, so I can’t wait to read more of her writing!
5. The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
Wendy Higgin’s Sweet series was awesome, so I’m excited to see what she comes up with in her new book. I expect some swoon-worthy romance.
6. The Sweetheart by Angelina Mirabella
My sister is reading this book right now and she loves it. Though it isn’t my usual YA, I like the premise, and I just know that my sister will convince me (force me) to read it.
7. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (and the rest of the series)
8. Iron to Iron (Wolf by Wolf 0.5) by Ryan Graudin
I rarely read novellas, but Wolf by Wolf was amazing, and I really want to read the story of Luca and Adele’s previous race. I don’t know when I’ll read this, but I’m excited for it anyway.
9. Vengance Road by Erin Bowman
Another gift that I just haven’t picked up yet. I can’t wait to see if this book lives up to my expectations!
10. Calamity by Brandon Sanderson (and the rest of the Reckoners series)
I love the Reckoners series so far, so I’m dying to find out what happens next. Calamity has been out for a few months, but I haven’t gotten it yet, so I’ll have to wait to read it.
What about you? What books will you read this spring? Do our lists overlap?