I can’t believe that December (and 2015!!!!) is over tomorrow! I’ll have a 2015 wrap-up tomorrow, but for today, I wanted to take my regular look back at this month.
In My Life
This month was half stressful AF and half wonderfully relaxing. First semester ended, so I had to deal with the craziness of finals. Everything worked out though–I officially have straight A’s (YAYAYAYAY).
Once winter break started, life obviously got more relaxing. I’ve played a lot of games with my family, watched a lot of TV, and basked in the joy of not having school for three weeks.
Christmas was amazing. I’m always blown away by the generosity of the people around me. My birthday is tomorrow, so I’ll do a collective book haul for both a little later.
On This Blog
I had 13 posts on this blog in December. As with November, I feel like I’m in a slump. I have posts I need to write (more on that later), but I just…don’t. With finals, that was understandable, but once break started, I continued to put off catching up on reviews and such. I’m slightly frustrated at myself, but 2016 is a new year, right? Hopefully I can kick myself out of this slump.
I hit 400 followers on this blog!! To say thanks, I’m hosting a giveaway (you can get more info here). I also reached 100 followers on my twitter (@52lettersbooks) and I’m hosting a giveaway for my twitter followers there (if you want to check it out ;)).
I took part in the Guest of the Month Club again. My guest was Kirstie from Upside-Down Books and she shared her favorite holiday traditions in a really heart-warming post. You can see my own guest post here.
I had a few discussion posts:
- I said thank you to books for helping me with the SAT
- I talked about why I love broken spines and crinkled pages
I also took part in a few memes/tags:
- The Christmas Song Book Tag
- TT Authors I Read for the First Time in 2015
- I wrapped-up Fall Bookish Bingo and started Holiday Bookish Bingo
In Reading and Reviewing
I read six books this month (and finished a seventh for school). I reviewed three of them, and caught up on two other reviews (marked with *). (Leaving me with four reviews I desperately need to write.)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas — 5/5 stars
- Angelfall by Susan Ee (Penryn #1) — 3/5 stars
- Going Underground by Susan Vaught
- World After by Susan Ee (Penryn #2)
- End of Days by Susan Ee (Penryn #3)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- It’s a Wonderful Death by Sarah J. Schmitt — 2/5 stars
- *Fire by Kristen Cashore — 5/5 stars
- *The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater — 5/5 stars
I got back into writing this month! FINALLY!
I wrote one poem, Do Other People. But the really big news is that I started writing my WIP again. I did a lot of characterization work, wrote some flashback pieces, and made some forward progress. So far, I’ve written 7400 words relating to my WIP (but I still have two more days, so I’m hoping to increase that number).
So that’s my December! How was yours?