Thank you so much to My Cafe au Livre for nominating me for both of these awards! I love her blog and it means so much to me to get these awards from fellow bloggers 🙂
The Inspiring Blog Award
The rules are:
- Thank and link the amazing person (or people) who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
- I love playing cards, especially Gin. It’s a tradition with my grandparents to play it for hours when we go on trips together.
- My blog name comes from my love of cards. “52” is the number of cards in a deck, as well as my favorite number.
- Though I post a lot of poetry on this blog, I only started actively writing poetry recently. I wanted simple samples of my writing to post, as well as something to do when I don’t feel like sitting down and working on my WIP novel, so I picked up poetry.
- I have a really hard time writing short stories. I have a lot of ideas but I have trouble forming plot arcs that work in a short story format. Often, when I start a short story, I realize that I’d actually like it to be an entire novel.
- I’m awful at spelling. Well, I used to be awful. I’m getting better, I swear, but every time I visit my sixth grade teacher she makes a joke about how bad at spelling I was in elementary school (and sort of continue to be).
- On that note, when I was little, I was convinced “hamster” had a “p” in it. I’m still frustrated that it isn’t spelled “hampster.”
- I have two pets: a cat (named Muzgle) and a hamster (named Macaroon, Mac for short).
The Creative Blogger Award
The rules are:
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
- I am currently working on the second draft of my WIP novel Devil May Care. It is currently 141 pages and about 50,700 words. I started this draft in December 2014.
- My favorite character to write is not my protagonist. Don’t get me wrong, I love my main character, but there is this other character who comes into the story and she is so much fun to write dialogue for.
- The West Wing is probably my favorite TV show right now. I watched all seven seasons a while ago but I can’t stop rewatching the show! It is amazing.
- Though I’m a total geek for Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time (different shows, I know, but I love both of them), I haven’t watched either of their current seasons. (AHH! No spoilers please.)
- I have a twin who is a super talented sewist (I’d say sewer but she said that’s awkward…) and you guys should check out her blog. I love her a ton, no matter what I usually say… 😉
I’m nominating you for both awards. If you’ve already gotten one of them, or only want to take part in one of them, that’s fine. Thank you guys for all being amazing and I love your blogs!
Katherine at deckle and gold
Cheri and Chebk at OK Potato
Joey at Thoughts and Afterthoughts
RJ at Heir of Ravenclaw